Thursday 11 October 2012

Frankenweenie



Just a quick post today to talk about last nights premiere of Tim Burton's new film Frankenweenie. I'm not actually doing a review on the film, obviously, because the film was only released last night. I do however want to talk about how frickin' cool the premiere looked! 

Some of ya'll might remember a post I did aaages ago about Tim Burton, where I talked about his films and his drawings and generally how cool I find his work, so as you can imagine, I was quite excited to hear he had a new film coming out! I have to say, I haven't loved all of his films in the past, and I'm not sure I'll be going to the cinema to see Frankenweenie, mainly because I don't think any one will go with me, and I'm not quite self assured enough (yet) to go by myself. But I WILL be watching it when it comes out on DVD, and love it no doubt! 

Frankenweenie tells the story of a boy who tries to use science to bring his pet dog back to life, and was inspired by Burton's own trauma as a child when his beloved pet dog died. It just seems like a sweet film doesn't it? Sure...it's probably a little childish, but it's Tim Burton! There'll be something in it for everyone, right? 

Models paraded the red carpet in Frankenweenie inspired outfits.


As part of the premiere, half a dozen models walked the red carpet in typical Burton-esque pieces, with clear gothic Frankenweenie inspiration! It looked so good, and really added something special to the opening of the film! 

What did you think of the premiere? Will you be going to see Frankenweenie?

Zahra x

No comments:

Post a Comment