Sunday 10 July 2011

Eat, Pray, Love.

I watched this film the other day and enjoyed it quite a bit actually! I wasn't sure if I would at first, but I mainly enjoyed it for the way that it was filmed. 


(image found here)

"One woman's search for everything, across Italy, India and Indonesia." 'Eat, Pray, Love', originally a novel, is the true story of a woman and her discoveries as she travels to Italy, India and Indonesia, after a painful divorce. As the title dictates, she eats in Italy, she learns to pray in India, and she finds love in Indonesia. Each  section of the film is so beautifully shot, especially in the first leg of her travels where she discovers great food!  The camera close ups of the food, and the music/ sounds together make it all look so mouth watering and delicious! I read a review of this film a while ago when it first came out, which suggested that you should eat before you watch this film because it will only make you more hungry if you haven't! Very true. 

Not only the food part in Italy, but the parts in India and Indonesia too... I know this sounds a bit amateur but the colors were amazing! Simple things like this can help me enjoy a film 10x more! The same can be said for 127 hours which I watched the other day with a friend. Its pretty gruesome for about 10 minutes, but I really enjoyed it! And what really stood out was the beautiful scenes of the desert and the bright vivid colors that were depicted! 
(image found here)

This poster really doesn't do it justice, and neither does the poster for 'Eat, Pray, Love'. I digress. So go and watch these films is what I'm saying, they're both glorious and delicious meals for the eyeballs. See what I did there? ...I didn't say a feast for the eyes like I always do! Oh wait...


Have a lovely day! x

No comments:

Post a Comment